NEW Interactive PC Based Short Range Radio RF Circuit Design Assistant Tool software Released!
Tired of reading datasheets, application notes or other long documents to help you design-in an RF Transceiver, Receiver, Transmitter or Module into your application?
Look no further…
Check out RF Monolithics’ (RFM) new and improved, easy to use, illustrative and time effective Short Range Radio RF Circuit Design Assistant Tool software – the "ASH Design Assistant Version 2". Version 2 comes as a follow-on to its predecessor "ASH Design Assistant" software that was very well received by the engineering community which uses RFM’s Virtual Wire® (VWO) products.
The Design Assistant software tool was developed by Dan Nelson, RFM’s European Field Applications Engineer, who has extensive knowledge of RFM’s products and has helped various customers with their design applications.
The Design Assistant software is FREE of charge from RFM Click Here to download Software. (see installation instructions below).
The new software is very easy to install on standard PC platforms and is a 'must have' for RF and digital development engineers implementing RFM's VWO components.
Version 2 is a revisit of the "ASH Transceiver Designer's Guide" (the ASH hardware designer's technical document) and it translates design formulae, practices, and procedures of the ASH VWO circuits into an easy to use, interactive design/development tool that will save hours of engineering R & D time.
Screen Shots Click to Enlarge
Features of the New Design Assistant Tool include:
- Frequency Selection Guide and configuration summaries for all RFM Transceivers, Transmitters, Receivers and
- User device selection of VWO components for design or DR Modules for quick prototyping
- Circuit diagram of user’s design
- Calculated parts count and component values for user design
- A 'Radio Range Estimation Calculator' with calculation software for estimating radio range associated with user’s
- Selectable ancillary interface circuit options
- User design settings including modulation selection, air data rate selection, signal encoding method, data slicer set
up, AGC selection, Pulse Width-Rate set up, transmit power selection notes, RSSI circuit notes and Receiver data interface information
- A "DR Module Explorer" section which identifies RFM's RF transceiver radio module options, its anatomy, and tips on 'how to modify' to meet specific customization needs
- An assortment of common SRD antenna types and criteria that can be 'virtually' tried and tested by the user for range calculations
- Quick and easy HELP button selection for direct topic help as well as informative hints and explanations
The “ASH Design Assistant Version 2" software is a testament to the fact that RFM not only offers excellent, high quality products such as the VWO components and modules with lowest power consumption in the industry, excellent range and optimal receiver sensitivity, ideal for designing robust short-range wireless applications, but also provides excellent technical support to our customers who want to design in these products with effective, easy to use and time saving tools!
- Save the zip file in a temporary directory (folder) on your C drive Click Here to Download
- Unzip ASHV2_5_4.zip into the same folder.
- If you have already installed an early verision of ASHV2.x.x, you should remove it before installing Version 2.5.4. To do this follow the UNInstall Instructions
- In the directory created in (1) above, Double click on the SETUP icon and follow the installation instructions. Once the installation is complete, you can remove the temporary folder to save disk space.
To RUN the ASHV2 Design Assist program:
- After installing the program, Click START in the lower left of your desktop windows
- Click on ALL Programs and a list of programs is displayed
- Click on ASHV2 in the list
- ASH Design Assistant Program VERSION 2.5.4 is now ready to use.
- Click on START in the lower left of your desktop windows
- Click on CONTROL PANEL
- Double Click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM from the Control Panel
- Double click ASHV2 from the program list and remove.
- Uninstallation and removal should be complete!